Want to reach more people?
Expand your brand? Your message?
Do you find it hard to put yourself out there?
Are you afraid of what others might think?
If you’ve answered yes, well heck, you’re not alone!
On a regular basis I find myself in situations that make me squirm in discomfort. The fear of the unknown is unnerving. And more times than not, this fear has been created within my own mind.
Over the last few years I have been doing cognitive behavioural therapy. I have started to pay closer attention to my thought processes. It’s incredible that with a little self-discipline we can retrain our thoughts to create healthier mindsets in order for positive outcomes.
In order to do this you truly need to see the value that you bring to the world. Whether it’s on a global platform or within the comforts of your hometown friends, you truly need to appreciate who you are and what you will become. Once you have trained your mind to think in this positive wave, you will then be ready to take on the next chapter of growth.
A few tips to help you along the way:
1. Surround yourself with people that you trust, that challenge you and that are kind
2. Write down a small goal every morning. Check in at night to see how you did. Slowly build your self confidence. An awesome daily notebook to help you: https://goo.gl/WZggiR
3. Set an hourly notification on your phone. Take 5 seconds and slow your breathing while saying one positive thing to yourself. Refocus your thinking to a healthy place. Best time is when you’re brushing your teeth in the mirror.
4. Be authentic. Tell your story. You have a package that no one else can wrap the same way. Celebrate your strengths and share it in a way that works for you.
5. Have a sense of humour. Come on we are all a little weird, a little messy, a little crazy, etc. Learn to appreciate and laugh at your humanness. Hey, we’re all in this together after all.
And of course, continue to go out and...